Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Snurfly Valentine

This was actually taken on February 13th at a playdate. I could barely get the top/onesie part of the outfit over his head and it's a 9 month size! Doesn't he look so good in red, especially with those chubby little belly folds? He is so smiley and giggly these days and we are all really enjoying him!

The rest of Valentine's week was great. After the playdate, Snurfler and I went out to the Land of Sugar to spend the rest of the day. First we visited Marcie and the gang at Chef for You, where I got to change Snurf's diaper on top of a deep-freeze as they all marveled at his cuteness and sweet, laid-back demeanor. After that we picked up Moozie and ran a few errands-- I'm getting much faster with getting the Snurf in & out of the car and his stroller! We visited "Uncle" J. Scott at Merrill Lynch and then popped in to Micheal's, Tuesday Morning, and Maureen's Bakery for some Valentine petit fours (mmmm!) That night I also had a Book Club meeting at the Chocolate Bar.

On Valentine's Day, Granny & I took the Snurfler to the cool newish HEB Plus out here in the Land of Pears. That place is great, it's like having Central Market 5 minutes away from our house! I picked up the filets for that evening's dinner and Granny bought Papa some yummy chocolate-covered almonds for his Valentine treat. We ate sandwiches in the deli and later shared a yummy almond pretzel after touring the store. Snurfler and I took a little (2 hour) "Happy Hearts" nap and then I started on dinner. Here was the Valentine's Night menu:
  • Appetizers: Bacon-wrapped jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese, Stilton cheese with apricots on mini-water crackers

  • Salad: Crisp lettuce with balsamic vinagrette

  • Entree': Pan-seared Filet Mignon with lemon & herb risotto

  • Dessert: Heart Petit Fours

Sweet D and I were especially pleased with the risotto, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be to make. We exchanged sweet cards and D got me some BEAUTIFUL roses in all different shades of pink.

On Saturday night we dropped the Snurfler out in the Land of Sugar to spend the night with his Moozy and Daggles, then enjoyed a great dinner at Carrabba's in Clear Lake to celebrate Uncle Brian's birthday with Aunt Lori, Granny, Papa, and (of course) Uncle Brian, himself. The feasting continued Sunday morning with my "make-up" Birthday Brunch at Brennan's with with Bs!! Bellinis, crepes, and Bananas Foster-- oh, my! Needless to say, D and I were stuffed to the gills for the rest of the day, I ended up making some popcorn at about 9 pm and we called it a night!

This past week was less eventful. We did get to enjoy a cute little family walk on Monday afternoon, the weather was gorgeous and Sweet D made it home shortly after 4 pm. Wednesday we met Sweet D for lunch at HEB. The Snurfler and I went to a playdate on Thursday followed a lazy rainy day visit from Moozy. That night I had a Mom's night out with some other ladies in my Mom's Group at a local Mexican Restuarant. I enjoyed a margarita and we had some good girl-talk time. Granny and Papa brought me lunch on Friday afternoon and then we took the Snurfler on another "field trip" to the super-cool HEB. Papa was extremely impressed and kept telling me I didn't need to bother with cooking anymore, since the store offers so many premade delights and cooking demo giveaways. That night I made a Rachael Ray meal, Spanikopita burgers with Chipotle Oven Fries. Saturday we hit both sides of town again, visiting the 'dena early that afternoon and dropping off the Snurfler with Moozy in the Land of Sugar before we met up with Kar & Lar at PF Chang's. Yummy! We also hit the Dessert Gallery and managed to do a little poking around the Town Center and Mall Shops before D and I started feeling "Pumpkiny." We left those crazy kids at Barnes & Noble, picked up the kiddo, drove home, and were both asleep before 11 PM. We're old and lame and we don't care! Sleep is a precious commodity in this house!

This morning Sweet D gave the Snurfler his 7:00 bottle and indulged in the morning "Snuggle Fest" until 8:30, when we had to get up and start getting ready. Today was his parents' church homecoming potluck, so we headed back out to the 'dena to attend the 10:00 service. My favorite thing is singing the hymns in four-part harmony, one song in particular makes me tear up every time, it's so pretty. The potluck was held in a separate facility, we were smart brought the Snurfler's stroller in with us. He got pretty worn out after hearing what a big, beautiful boy he was from practically every church member in attendance and crashed for about 30 minutes in his stroller. We got home had our Sunday naps, then spent the rest of the day reading the paper and watching Oscar-related television.

Photos:

1. Weekend Wuss Pile with Sweet Daddy D and Otis on Saturday, Feb. 16th
2. This is what he usually looks like after he "finishes" his rice cereal. I think it's pretty obvious why we decided to feed him sans clothing.
3. Visiting Marcie and the Chef for You (Check out her awesome food available for purchase & pick-up at http://www.chef4u.net/) gang on Wednesday, February 13th! We got an 'all-access pass' to the kitchen and I enjoyed some of Marcie's awesome Chicken Couscous salad for my lunch. Yummm!































Coming soon, Snurfler on Video!

No comments: